We are looking for a new Webmaster!
About the society
The Entomological Society of British Columbia (ESBC), founded in 1902, is a registered scientific society that supports the advancement of entomological knowledge in the province of British Columbia. We endeavour to support, coordinate, and unite the work of all those engaged in the study of insects in the Province.
The ESBC facilitates sharing of entomological knowledge within the region through our annual symposium, journal, and bi-annual newsletter. We support those involved in entomological research through funding of scholarships and grants.
The Web Editor, taking direction from the Executive, is primarily responsible for updating, maintaining, and troubleshooting the Society’s online and digital assets (e.g website, social media), and communicating with the membership via online social media. This is an appointed volunteer position with a flexible term, although a 1-2 years minimum commitment would be preferred.
- Maintain the society website and promptly debug should issues arise
- Post society business and announcements on ESBC’s various media channels, and ensure information is up to date
- Coordinate communications that the society receives through ESBC’s various media channels
- Work with Journal Editor and Newsletter (Boreus) Editor to publish new issues electronically
- Maintain access to the digital archives of the society journal and newsletter
- Work with contractor(s) in the ESBC website redesign project
- Attend biannual executive meetings and update executive committee on website health and status
- Must be a member of the Entomological Society of BC or be willing to join
- Previous webmaster experience or have a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and familiarity with WordPress and Open Journal Systems (OJS)
- Knowledge of linking WordPress/OJS with other technologies (e.g., Google Forms and PayPal/Square)
- Regular use of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
How to apply
Send a statement 150 words or less on why you would be suitable for the webmaster position to email@example.com