This year's meeting and symposium were a huge success! In case you missed it, here's a quick recap.
Summary of talks
The meeting was tweeted using the hashtag #ESBCAGM2014, and provides a great summary of the last two days with photos! Thank you to Sean McCann for the wonderful photos, and everyone who followed along on twitter.
We had great student turnout, and some truly wonderful student talks. Winners of the Student Oral Presentation Awards were Chloe Gerak, Jen Scholefield, and Mark Hanson. Congratulations!
The Graduate Student Scholarship Competition prize was presented to Jen Scholefield for travel to the ESA meeting next month. Double congratulations Jen!
Minutes from the business meeting will be posted as soon as they are available.
We’d like to thank Max Salomon , Ikkei Shikano, Jenny Cory, and Karen Needham for serving the executive, and we are pleased to announce the results of this year’s election:
- Steve Perlman (current acting President) will continue as President;
- Bob Lalonde is elected as First Vice President;
- Brian Van Hezewijk is elected 2nd Vice President;
- Ward Strong is elected as Treasurer;
- Marla Swarzfeld is re-elected as a Director of the society;
- Joyce Leung is elected as Graduate Student Director.
We thank all outgoing members of the executive for their service and continued commitment to the ESBC!
On behalf of the ESBC executive and our local organizing committee, I'd like to thank you to all of our participants and speakers. We look forward to seeing you next year!