The 97th Annual Meeting of the Pacific Branch of the Entomological Society of America will be held April 7-10, 2013 at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe. The theme of the meeting is “Entomology in the Pacific Branch, a Sustainable Science for a Sustainable Future.” Details, guidelines and instructions for all meeting activities are available on the PBESA website (http://www.entsoc.org/pacific).
A diverse array of symposia includes aquatic ecology, biological control, chemical ecology, economic entomology, forest entomology, global warming, molecular biology and evolution, semiochemicals, pollinators, and much more.
- Call for Award Nominations. Consider nominating members of your Ministry for one of the Pacific Branch recognition awards. Or feel free to nominate yourself. Description of awards and nomination procedures are available on the PBESA website and attached below. Submission packets should be sent to Larry Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 15th, 2013. Pacific Branch Recognition Awards include the following:
- C. W. Woodworth Award
- Excellence in Teaching
- Excellence in Extension
- Excellence in Integrated Pest Management
- Systematics, Evolution, and Biodiversity
- Medical, Urban, and Veterinary Entomology
- Plant-Insect Ecosystems
- Distinction in Student Mentoring
- Entomology Team Work Award
- John Henry Comstock Graduate Student Award
- Student Leadership Award
- Student Travel Awards. Limited funds are available to support student travel. See the application form on the PBESA website and send to Peter Follett, email@example.com by February 15th .
- Student Paper and Poster Competitions – abstracts due February 15th
- General Paper and Poster Submissions – due February 15th
- Linnaean Games. Students should sign up by March 7th by contacting Michael Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early Bird conference registration rates – due February 15th
- Harrah’s hotel reservation group rates – $89 rates good through March 15th